Monday, August 2, 2010

Tokyo Milk Parfumarie Curiosite No. 06 Bon Bon Bubbling Bath and Dead Sexy Candle



Okay, so you may not be a bath person. I know a few people who don't take baths because they feel that they are "stewing in their own filth". I mean, how dirty are you? I just don't get that. I'm not a regular bath person, per se, but my baths are usually taken when I'm sick, or when I'm sad. 
Yep, that's right. My husband knows we are in a fight if I start running a bath, or he knows that I am really feeling badly.

Today was a great example. I'm sitting at work, minding my own business, when I start getting migraine symptoms. I've had migraines for years, so I know when one is starting. I have trouble seeing clearly, and my arms and lips go numb. Rather than wait it out, and hope that this didn't turn into a full-blown migraine, I headed home and laid down. After taking my prescription med, which is a whole other sick feeling in itself, I decided a bath was needed.

This is where all the deliciousness and luxury of Tokyo Milk comes in. As you should know by now, I'm a sucker for skull and cross bone designs, and all things creepy/fancy. This bubble bath and candle caught my eye when I was doing some shopping at local boutique Paris Envy (http://www.parisenvy.blogspot.com/). An antique-looking skull and cross bones is printed over a faded background of pink roses and scripty writing. The bottles are antique looking, with the Tokyo Milk logo in small typewriter print. If the liquid inside was good as the package, I was sold!

I chose the Number 06 bottle, and the description of scents read: Deep Vanilla, Exotic Wood, White Orchid, and Ebony. I'm not normally a fan of any sweet vanilla - I mean, who wants to be smelling like a cookie? Blech.... 
Anyhow, the scent is amazing. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
The best way I can explain it is that I imagine it is what a rich lady smells like. You know, they aren't wearing the perfume that is the latest rage at Sephora. They wear things that smell like traveling, like money you'll never have, like they never get dirty or never have a bad manicure. You imagine that the perfume they wear is specially made for them, or that it has a name that you can't even attempt to pronounce. Well, yeah, that's what this smells like. 
And it bubbles like no other bubble bath I've seen. These are the bubbles of t.v. and movies, people! Big bubbles that foam up, over the side of the tub, and stick around just long enough to soften your skin and leave it smelling like a rich lady. And who doesn't want that?

The candle is the same mix of scents, but seems to have even more of a woodsy, tobacco smell. It reminds me a little of the sweet smell of a cigar, but not so "creepy old man"-like. It comes in a small tin, with a lid emblazoned with the same creepy/fancy skull and cross bones-over-roses print, and is perfect for traveling, or on the back of your toilet (where mine is). It really does have a great scent that carries throughout the house. It also has "Dead Sexy" printed on the side, which just makes me feel like a bad ass.

Tokyo Milk does have a website, but if you like the instant gratification of buying your products in person, pay Paris Envy a visit. Tell Laurie I sent you, and happy bathing!



No comments:

Post a Comment