Thursday, August 19, 2010

AMAZING finds at Olive In Paris!

If you haven't been to the "shop at the top of the stairs", then you are truly missing out! Located at 4624 N 7th Avenue in Phoenix, Olive In Paris us just upstairs from Paris Envy. Makes sense, right?
You might remember Olive Annie from awhile back - well, this is still Lani's shop, with her amazing clothes, jewels, and knick-knacks.
I love everything about this place: The colors, the lights, the displays, the glitter.....
On my last visit, I was in to borrow some jewelry for a photo shoot we had, and one of the pieces so generously lent to me by Lani was THIS:

Ummmm, gold? Check! Guns? Check! Mine? Check!!!!!! As I drooled a bit over this necklace, Lani explained that when she ordered it, she knew that it was meant for someone who would come in, and would "understand" what it was about. I'm pretty sure that she was thinking of me exactly! Now, what other shop can you go in, actually meet the owner working there, and get the background on a piece like this? And where else can you GET a piece like this?
It is seriously heavy, and the cashier at Target even complimented me on (he was a boy, mind you!).
It is definitely a statement-making piece. Sort of like telling everyone "you don't wanna mess with this" all in a bedazzled cloud of shiny gold. Now I get that sometimes you don't want to look so tough or menacing (I mean, I never feel that way, but whatever). Maybe you're going on a blind date, or maybe you're going to church and want something "softer" or more feminine. There are all sorts of options at Olive In Paris. Statement-making jewelry, flowy dresses and tops, and even a photo booth where they'll take a Polaroid of you in whatever you buy.
Stop by the shop, and try to find my picture!

Bye, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment