Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Josie Maran 100% Organic Argan Oil

Photo and description from http://www.sephora.com/
Josie Maran Argan Oil is a legendary oil that's rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, and grown organically in Morocco. Argan oil is known to have many treatment benefits, including hydrating and nourishing skin, as well as toning and firming. It's gentle enough to use on all skin types and is believed to help with skin conditions including acne. The oil is housed in a recyclable glass bottle, and purchased from women's cooperatives in Morocco to support their social and economic welfare. These cooperatives work within a UNESCO biosphere reserve that ensures the protection and reforestation of Argan trees.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:


- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrance
- Synthetic Dye
- Petro-Chemicals
- Phthalates


I was beyond excited to try the Josie Maran Organic Argan Oil. Aside from it being organic, housed in a recyclable bottle, and benefiting women in Morocco, it also moisturizes cuticles, lips, skin, hair, and is said to be beneficial to those with acne! What more could this product possibly do?!
Now the site says that one oil is usable on both the face AND the hair, but there is also a separate Argan Oil Hair Serum, so I got one of each.
I'll start with the Hair Serum as I think it is absolutely amazing! About a year ago, my hair was literally breaking off from over-bleaching. I decided that trying to be glamorous by having white hair just wasn't working for me. I grew it out as much as possible (having trailer trash roots for MANY months), had it dyed back close to my natural color (thanks to Jodi at The Fringe and Shampoo Ink!), and started taking the best care of it that I could.
I use the Hair Serum at least 3 times a week. After showering, when my hair is still damp, I use three pumps of the serum, rub it in my palms until it's warm, and work it through mainly the ends of my hair. After I've gotten all the ends, I will run it through the rest of my hair. I'll either blow my hair dry, or let it air dry, and the results are beautiful. My hair feels soft, it has body, it is not frizzy - if it was longer, and thicker, I could almost have Victoria's Secret model hair! No lie!
My hair doesn't feel greasy or overloaded with product, but I can definitely tell a difference when I use the hair serum versus when I don't.

Now onto the skin serum! As I've mentioned before, I have oily skin. So to add oil as a moisturizer seems a bit crazy, right? Well, it's really not. I started getting into oil cleansers with Shu Uemura, but sadly, they have taken their line out of the U.S (More about that in a later post).
This serum IS oily. Meaning that I don't use this in the morning before I go somewhere, although, if my skin was extremely dry, I might try a few dabs just to hydrate. The best time I've found to use the Argan Oil on your skin is right before bed. While you sleep, it does some sort of magic, and when you wake up and wash your face, your skin is left feeling hydrated, not tight, and looking luminous.

Both of the serums have a sort of light, lemony fragrance, and I would definitely recommend both to anyone looking for a skin or hair moisturizer. I will be sure to pack these in my carry-on later this year when we head to London - we all know how stuffy and drying the airplane air is. I'm excited to see if these will stand the test!

Below is a link to the Josie Maran organic products on Sephora's website. I love ordering from Sephora, not only for the enormous selection of beauty products, or the free samples, but here's a little secret: Every time I order, I have them gift wrap my products (it's free!), and when I receive them in the mail, it's like Christmas! You're not just opening a brown cardboard box stuffed with packing peanuts; it's either a cute little drawstring bag, or a gift box. Christmas in July? No way, Christmas every month! Below is the link to all of the Josie Maran Organic products. I just saw a bronzing Argan Oil (fist pump!), and also a Primer Mist that look promising.

Sephora Website - Josie Maran products

1 comment:

  1. ooooh, let me know how you like this! And maybe bring some into work so I can try some. ;)

    p.s. LOVE your blog.

    ReplyDelete