Sunday, July 18, 2010

Dos Gringos!




Friday night is usually the time I decide to forget about healthy eating, and drink until I fall asleep. This Friday was no different!
We were going to Off Saks 5th Avenue to get some discounted accessories for our band photo shoot, and wanted to eat somewhere in that area. I'd never been to Dos Gringos, so we decided to give it a try.
Walking up on the patio, I was surprised to see it so crowded. Being that it's over 110 degrees here in Phoenix, and humid, not many patios are full of restaurant patrons. Dos Gringos keeps theirs cool with plenty of misters, and it was full of young dude-bros on summer vacation, old dude-bros at after-work happy hours, and girls with fake tans.
We opted to sit inside, and took our seats in the sticky booth. Inside was warm, but it was basically empty, and that's something I always like.
I ordered the taco salad with beef, minus guacamole (my nemesis). I also ordered a Long Island Iced Tea, and we got our complimentary chips and salsa.
The chips didn't taste very fresh, and the salsa was pretty mild. I get that not everyone likes spicy, but if you're eating salsa, I feel like you'd assume it'd be spicy over assuming it'd be mild. I salted my chips and downed 2 Long Islands.
The salad arrived and was enormous! It was in a light and fluffy taco shell bowl, the ground beef was hot and delicious, and there was a sour cream sauce across the top. I'm not sure if there is anything better than sour cream. The lettuce was fresh and crisp, and the black beans were well cooked, but not too soggy.
Overall, Dos Gringos was good, and would be a fun place to go with a group of friends. Seeing that I have a hard time finding any place where I can only drink two drinks, but still start feeling good, I'd give this one a thumbs up! Lets just say that drunk shopping at Off 5th was definitely a fun experience. Good thing I didn't have control of the debit card that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment