Friday, July 16, 2010

CoverGirl SmokyShadowBlast Eye Color


I just have to say that when I first saw the commercial for this new CoverGirl product, I was very excited. Anyone who knows me knows that the majority of my makeup is eyeshadow, eyeliner, anything and everything for the eyes! I love creating different looks, wear a different color every day, and rarely (if ever) go without some sort of shadow on my eyes.
The commercial promises a quick and easy "smoky eye" and there are a few choices of color. I chose the Silver Sky Duo as my eyes are brown, and I thought that the purple would look great. I couldn't wait to do my makeup the next day and try it out!
I primed by eyelids as I do every day with my Benefit F.Y. Eye, which I have just discovered is discontinued! Hold on while I have a small panic attack! Uhhh... I guess I'll be reviewing eyelid primers later!

I applied the "step 1" silver color on my eyelid, and found the color to be a bit sheer. It wasn't vibrant like the commercial shows, but I figured that was lighting, photoshopping, etc. I kept applying. I then applied the "step 2" purple that is supposed to go in the crease of your eye and under your eye. I had a hard time getting the purple color to go on over the silver, and it too was very sheer. The overall appearance of the finished product was so-so. Nothing special that I couldn't have created with the bazillion shadows I already owned. It was, however, convenient to have both colors in a handy stick.

I made the drive to work, and then checked my mirror to see how my new shadow was looking in natural light. To my horror, the shadow was already creased and cakey, with a big silvery-purple line on my eyelid. Yuck.

This stuff is not worth the $7-$8 that you'll pay. Yes, I do have oily skin, but using my primer every day helps all of my shadows to stay in place. Not this one though.


No comments:

Post a Comment