Thursday, September 30, 2010

Maybelline Falsies Mascara

I'm slightly obsessed with all eye makeup, as previously described. When I saw the commercial for Maybelline Falsies Mascara, I was a little more than excited. The problem was that I had JUST bought a new tube of some other mascara, and even though it was only $7, I had to wait until it was completely gone (don't try to figure out my thriftiness because there is no common logic to it).
I recently FINALLY ran out of my mascara and happily bought Falsies in "blackest black" (of course).
Please note that I have several sets of real false lashes at home. Shu Uemura, M.A.C., and the cheapies from Sally Beauty Supply; so I do know what real false lashes will do for my "look".



I didn't actually expect that this mascara would have any kind of effect similar to actual false lashes, but was hoping it might be a step up from regular mascara. And that it was.
It defines, doesn't get clumpy, separates, and adds volume. It doesn't flake off, and doesn't get smudgy on my eye lids. The brush is a weird spoon-ish shape, and it really does get the tiny corner lashes that can easily be lost with other, straight brushes.


As long as you aren't expecting the results that real false lashes would give you, I think this mascara is a great deal! At around $7, it's inexpensive, and does a great job at defining my eyes. It still isn't the "perfect" mascara that I have been dreaming of, but I think it's because my expectations are a little unrealistic. I have short, light lashes, and nothing is actually going to make them look like false lashes. Well, except of course, false lashes. 'Til next time, later!

No comments:

Post a Comment