Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tokyo Milk Dark

I am a true fan of the morbid, curiosity shops (my favorite still being a tiny shop in London that my friend Lucie took us to), black, dark, guns, dead people... basically if anything is weird or disgusting, I want to be a part of it.

Picture from blog.homewerx.ca

During a weekend scour of vintage shops on 7th Avenue, I stumbled across this new Dark line from Tokyo Milk.


Sirens and Saints is the only store carrying this currently, and I couldn't stop myself from making a purchase. I previously posted about the Dead Sexy bubble bath and travel candle that I bought from the Tokyo Milk line, but this new Dark line takes it to a whole new level!
With scent names like "La Vie La Mort", "Bulletproof", "Tainted Love" and "Arsenic", it seems that these are right up every creepy girl's alley! And let me tell you, I am one creepy girl that loves to smell good!
The matte black bottles of perfume are emblazoned with white images such as skeleton keys, guns and delicate bugs.
I chose a Shea butter hand cream in scent number 62, Tainted Love. It comes in a draw string black canvas bag with the same logos screen printed on it. The fragrance notes for Tainted Love are dark vanilla bean, orchid, white tea and sandalwood. The lotion is creamy and smooth, but not too greasy. It melts into my hands pretty quickly, and my hands are left behind with a delicious, flowery but dangerous scent.
I can imagine that this would be the perfume and hand cream of Morticia Addams (the original, NOT Angelica Houston!)

Beautiful, right?
After payday, I'll be heading back to get some perfume, and start my collection. I also noticed that the line also has lip elixirs, so it looks like I'll be heading to the Tokyo Milk website soon to get mine! With flavors like salted caramel, clove cigarette and sexy noir, I am just going to reaffirm my lip gloss obsession.

See you on the dark side, lovelies.

1 comment:

  1. They are truly fantastic and unique scents.
    Clove cigarette is my favorite of the lip elixirs.
    I have Tainted Love, it's smokey and deep. I will be getting Bulletproof next in a swap!

    All the best,
    Lian
    scentnoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete